Best Breakup Songs
Written by: Akua Hinds
January 18, 2018
Breaking up with someone who you love is a powerful experience. Your heart, mind, and body are affected when you finally say goodbye and let go of a relationship that served an important purpose in your life. It’s not always easy to move forward with your life, especially if you really wanted the relationship to work out. Breakups can be difficult, but they can also be beneficial and blessings in disguise. A breakup can lead to better opportunities, and thankfully, there are many great songs that have been inspired by relationships ending. Here are some tunes that you should listen to as you’re dealing with your split:
1. “Inside Out” performed by Britney Spears. This is one of my favourite Britney songs. I like how the realism of the scenario that she’s describing in the song with regards to having mixed feelings for someone.
2. “Do Re Mi” performed by Blackbear and featuring Gucci Mane. This song made me laugh out when I first heard it on the radio. It’s hilarious, and the video is even cuter than the song. If you want to feel triumphant over your former flame, this is the song to listen to.
3. “White horse” performed by Taylor Swift. I’m a fan of pretty much all of Taylor Swift’s songs, and this tune of hers is the perfect breakup song for women who feel they were disillusioned by men. It’s a sad and wistful song, but it’s soothing at the same time.
4. “It Must Have Been Love” performed by Roxette. This song is so sweet and heartbreaking to listen to. If you’re having a good cry, this is the perfect tune to listen to while you let your emotions out.
5. “Mama’s Broken Heart” performed by Miranda Lambert. Country music is the ultimate genre for breakup song material! This song is no exception to that rule. This song is a fun revenge themed breakup song that will surely put a smile on your face.
6. “Gone” performed by N’Sync. This song holds a special place in my heart. This tune is beautiful, timeless, soulful, and Justin Timberlake’s voice sounds spectacular on it. Whether you were the dumper or the person being dumped, this song can touch your heart.
Akua Hinds works as a journalist, actress, music performer & instructor, owner of 3 dating sites www.InterracialDesires.net, www.RichSinglesDate.net, www.ChristianPartner.co, and independent business owner at www.PureRomance.ca/AkuaHinds & www.PureRomance.com/AkuaHinds selling passion products. Please visit www.AkuaHinds.com for more information.
InterracialMatch.com - the best interracial dating site!